Patched Beauty: Challenges persons with vitiligo face in Kenya

Patched Beauty: Challenges persons with vitiligo face in Kenya - my name is Lanna hater and vitiligo is beautiful one going Jay and Julie now sue you might have been raised worlds apart but they have something that Bond's them together they both suffer from vitiligo to the naked eye the stories might appear similar but it is so different in every aspect you see here it was dotted on my face so people dreams can say mean things hi knock our you know so these are they I went to Hilton a kid these are these are makeup shop there I tried I tried the Lydia's like my friend you can't even conceal these so just forget about it I was being big enough being abused psychologically because he used to tell me I can never be somebody I'm a mother of three kids who.

Patched Beauty: Challenges persons with vitiligo face in Kenya


Patched Beauty: Challenges persons with vitiligo face in Kenya

can accept you the way you are look at your skin condition but what is vitiligo which leg with an autoimmune condition where your own immune cells affect cells called melanocytes which are cells that contain their learning now because of the destruction of this cell you end up getting IRA's or patches of the skin if you do not have Halle Nona why hito was born and brought up in Donora at the age of four her mother noticed an unusual birthmark on her bubbly daughter her mother would seek the counsel of Lohnes grandmother unfortunately she was as clueless as her daughter there is a specific medicine of water in medicine you apply then you go to the Sun gosh alien phenomena I woke up one morning and I was white all over my hands my legs my thighs such incidents for young Luna would lead the now mother of one into depression I cried I told my mom this is not normal I 

don't want to leave for one today even though she had a supportive family back at home life in high school proved to be anything but what she might have expected bullying from heaviest teenagers learn our fists towns from unexpected quarters pounamu to Hoonah molly a physics teacher though I was not doing physics he used to call him soon good job a Mizzou and one day I was like where my limo missing Mizzou to make the situation was her paternal grandmother labeled her Zumba the

Winnie Harlow's Afterparty Beauty Look — Just in Time for Fashion Week | Beauty Secrets | Vogue


neighbors there was a neighbor called mama kamau and wanna totally a magical scene McKennon kappa teamuk Janica fun Hanukkah song - and on each other young she came she put the water down she was tender with soap angie and i was like seriously not do i have lived like that but i told them they're never going to bring me down this is not inability there's not a disability i can do anything that you can we are just the same and I'm unique you have the one color I have the two talents Luna is not the only one who has faced such challenges 30 year old Jelena SuJu was rejected by her own biological father later in her adult life she was panned by men she sought solace with I felt like I want to commit suicide actually followed by like three hundred four syllables and I only slept buek in their body and disputes and I continued and I was like no I see this thing's over Greg's dad struggled ruined my life and it wasn't the first time I tried to kill myself by anyway I decided to go back home to my 


mom so I just fucked my feelings everything making then I went back to my moms Julie currently has four children she's a perfect example of making lemonade from lemons that life has offered her on most evenings you'll hear her voice on need radio an online radio station when she's not in studios struts the catwalk as a part-time model after that after week is when I met with big I don't know if you know Big Ideas entertainment so when I met up with one of them and took a photo of me after taking a photo and then the comments and they came and told me that you do photogenic I was like what do you mean by photogenic see everybody takes after watching her no you look very good on camera you should just think about yourself as a model or something Julie recalls the days when she was in 

primary school and was bullied enough times that's until one day she'll just make fun of me daily daily daily and so I decided to close a closing day nothing gonna wear away so I forced her and I I warned after I warned though truly part of punishment and all that but something changed in me the first I could defend myself even though she regrets that fight she realizes that it was a battle that needed to be fought and won this would serve her well as she proceeded to high school where she learned how to defend herself she told them that the condition was contagious and fortunately this line could not be used in the real world that understand very little about vitiligo if for example like we took just a walk with you just outside just outside there just a car walk you just see how people stare 

and this is during the day everybody's walking but they were stopped walking and look at you they look at me so imagine going through that every day it is the same script but different costs for the people living with the condition in the country when going Jai is a former nominated member of the Neary County Assembly a master's degree holder and says getting a job has been an uphill task you'd go and get jobs but like I had gotten a job at a bank but people who've not come to my tailor so I'd still there they hold it will come to live they'd come to you tell her go to someone else's tell about my tailor shield seek comfort in tattoos that proved to be a destruction for many people she currently has to endure them it has worked till today people actually notice that that was not a little ego fast just like Julie Rosa Koth has been facing the same problem rejection from the man she loves so much that 

her husband is now seeking another wife she believes it's due to her skin condition now not to Kumasi so now Nakamura me me Willie McGee hookah he cannot win joining him is a attack he rakia cha-cha gwenna Minister Sacco nobody to Danny I'm Willie for four years Rose has been living in isolation extended family has not come to terms with our condition initially her husband provided the much-needed support and comfort now only her children are providing encouragement but what hurts her most is the fact that her last one daughter has the same condition that has been a source of pain it acquired a quirky you cutter what when you are not to work about one onion is that you come to me Akane easy Nilekani una ninguna parte for persons living with this condition the part of the 

skin that tans pale is vulnerable to the Sun thus the need for the affected person to use sunscreen interesting to note though is that Kenyans living with vitiligo have had to bear the pain of the bands brought about by the Sun as they cannot access sunscreen and this is why and we pray that the government would actually recognize us not because we want to be put in the place of disabilities but you want to get amenities that will help us not get skin cancer and only asking the government is that will be able to get free sunscreen just like people live in village and get but the site is yet to be fully aware of the same and we need to work together to ensure that then even also differentiate between open is gonna be today go but actually and truly so but we have to advance the agenda you know 

everything Isaac Morra is a nominated senator he says that people living with vitiligo in Kenya might be more official statistics given by the World Health Organization estimate that at least 2% of the world population are people living with a skin condition so it would be important to have a head count for persons who have believed in the country and because it is not a genetic condition that then would occur sometimes at birth and then the doc Cosway late into your adulthood maybe it would be better to work with the original team I heard the facilities as to occasion day you know the frequency of their occurrence but even as the few people living with vitiligo continue to suffer without government's intervention advocates such as ongoing J have devised new ways of helping people like herself by partnering with companies such as Navy and the albinism Society of Kenya so as to help 

salvage the situation by providing sunscreen to the most vulnerable people affected by the condition Michaelmas got banters as I was coming to distribute sunscreen and and aura people thought that I was coming to sell sunscreen and yet I was coming to live persons living with vitiligo sunscreen so I'm fully aware because of cash flow issues within government that's why I'm taking it up how they're supposed to be treated according to the NHS website there's currently major a cure for vitiligo no universally accepted method for limiting the spread of the disease we have a facility in Canada for 

photo therapy I did it when I was 18 years old we pay 300 possession and you see it depends actually the interested intensity of a body pay the 300 but you find if you fully your body has proved it illegal we'll go for a session of 30 minutes for the 300 there are two types of vitiligo segmental vitiligo an onset mental in some cases the condition is also hereditary method one actually has sports which I started I noticed them which doesn't scare me actually and the funny thing is she even with all these challenges all they want is to belong to belong in a society that will look at them as normal persons you see them hating on them has created a lot of depression in persons living with Italy which is not really right it changes there are times I see it's coming back it's coming back I'm like yeah it's coming 

back a minute of a sudden I'm turning right I'm turning and I'm like yeah I'm becoming great again for me I enjoy my with legal I don't know about anyone else but for me the patterns I check my patterns every time there are times it will form the map of Africa there's a tire me to reform I love Han somewhere the same image just Maps anything it just draws its own pattern and for me I take it like God just decided to draw me.

Switch TV,Switch TV Kenya,kenyan news today,kenya news,entertainment news,kenya entertainment news,entertainment news today kenya,entertainment news kenya,Africa Focus,morning Live,Switch TV morning live,Anikwa,Switch TV chatspot,real talk with Tamimah,real talk,full circle,full circle with Joyce Omond,switch board,Switch TV switch board,Switch TV happy hour,happy hour

Keyword
Switch TV
Switch TV Kenya
kenyan news today
kenya news
entertainment news
kenya entertainment news
entertainment news today kenya
entertainment news kenya
Africa Focus
morning Live
Switch TV morning live
Anikwa
Switch TV chatspot
real talk with Tamimah
real talk
full circle
full circle with Joyce Omond
switch board
Switch TV switch board
Switch TV happy hour
happy hour
Switch TV
Switch TV Kenya
kenyan news today
kenya news
entertainment news
kenya entertainment news
entertainment news today kenya
entertainment news kenya
Africa Focus
morning Live
Switch TV morning live
Anikwa
Switch TV chatspot
real talk with Tamimah
real talk
full circle
full circle with Joyce Omond
switch board
Switch TV switch board
Switch TV happy hour
happy hour
Labels: Africa Focus, entertainment news, entertainment news kenya, entertainment news today kenya, kenya entertainment news, kenya news, kenyan news today, Switch TV, Switch TV Kenya

Thanks for reading Patched Beauty: Challenges persons with vitiligo face in Kenya. Please share...!

Back To Top