Dean Edwards Reveals His Vitiligo to Lorraine | Lorraine




Dean Edwards Reveals His Vitiligo to Lorraine | Lorraine

and jeana's with me knows you can help yourself yet acoustic okay wait wait - do you know what up until very recently up until I read your blog that you were waiting for this I had absolutely no idea yes absolutely no idea at all that you that you had definite you had to do you know in the region I actually I started off covering up it wasn't something I used to do initially and I think part of the reason why I actually wrote the blog in it wasn't to draw attention to the the fact to have vitiligo it was more to do with the comments that you get on social media so had a few comments you 

know said oh you know the chef's washed his uh his fake tan off his hands so I started to cover it just to deflect away from having to answer those questions and I know it kind of became a bit more of a habit yeah and that was part partly to do with you know with with the blog it was it all about you know telling people not to be so flippant with their comments on social media because you never really know the true story behind what's going on and whether it's vitiligo whether it's something completely different yeah it affects people in different ways I've always been quite confident with with mine and I also know I'm very lucky because I haven't got it covering large areas of my body but you know we'll look at my hands this weight that is this is alrea

dy cleared one that's have adult in my er so that's kind of how and it's not obviously midnight since you were face it is great it started off as a very small patch on my foot only the last year or so started to to get on my face as well so there any kind of quite small laces remember craftily I'm lucky enough I can grow a beard because I've got quite large areas happy underneath my beard so it's just okay I'll go a little bit he mayn't have got not designer stubble no men have that option so when you look at someone like supermodel Det supermodel Winnie and and you know she's beautiful and she has got vitiligo a lot more people are started to really embrace it now yeah and I'm also starting to see just incredible images popping up on you know on social media where

 people have really just starting to embrace the condition that makes them different I think for so many years people they don't like to stand out from the crowd no that's true you know just well you've been talking and one of our viewers Nikki Lourdes Hill has tweeted a picture she was diagnosed ten years ago and she's got the same sort of idea there she is she says she's had this condition and but you know she lives with it people live with it of course they do and we're all different how we deal with things have you ever had it making you feel bad about yourself I know you wail over that name I'm over it now yeah you know it's you can imagine what it's like in school you get shoulder very esscence various names I can imagine cohan's was always a favorite of mine Oh God because that's the cool look I think I'm strong enough I'm confident enough one person that it wasn't going to kind of you know break me down or affect my lif

e in any way but but I also know there's there two sides to that story and I know a lot of people with possibly low self-esteem you know comments or that word yeah you know and the hoodie but I really like the explicit laughs holy is it only a really camouflage that you can do those things no service there are various treatments steroid creams UV treatments okay they don't always work right um so obviously that that went through you know UV treatments for for many years and had a great success with hers but it's not always guaranteed to work and I remember going to the doctor when I was younger and they told me there was nothing that they could do so

 I've just kind of you just got on the decided to live with it and just got on with it do you know what does anybody know the cause is it heredity I mean will it be summer maybe your little girl make gay or make no and II might possibly together one time when indeed came up to Studios with me we walk-in down Oxford Street and we walk past gap and in the window there was a beautiful little girl and she was about 12 years old and Indy said to me that that's that's what you got and I thought I hang on if this little girl can embrace hers yeah it's about time that I kind of manned up a little bit came and so yeah I kind of thank indeed quite a bit yeah for you know making me

 accept a little bit more of that it does make me different you know what in a strange way I'm hoping she doesn't get it yeah but if she does I hopefully on that helped her learn to embrace it but my mum developed it in the last year and my little nephews got as well so I think it can be hereditary in certain aspects but people have different factors that just can kind of kick start it you know could it's all to do with your immune system so you know there are different ways and means that you can do it but there's a lot support right there British skin foundation vitiligo society so there's help out there and I think we'll make sure we stick that all in a perfect thank you very much Dean thank you mrs. good is that for had no idea let me go I'm so you so you don't go get enrolled great stuff thank you so much for talking with that.

lorraine,lorraine kelly,lorraine itv,lorraine interview,interview on lorraine,chat show,talk show,dean edwards,brand new,vitiligo,winnie harlow,winnie harlow vitiligo,vitiligo hands,vitiligo symptoms
Labels: brand new, chat show, dean edwards, interview on lorraine, lorraine, lorraine interview, lorraine itv, lorraine kelly, talk show, vitiligo, vitiligo hands, vitiligo symptoms, winnie harlow, winnie harlow vitiligo

Thanks for reading Dean Edwards Reveals His Vitiligo to Lorraine | Lorraine. Please share...!

Back To Top